Sunday, May 18, 2014

Well that was a long hiatus


And it's probably not going to improve much. I tend to be too busy to blog these days, which is a pity because I have actually been doing a fair bit of sewing since I left.
Uni has been keeping me VERY occupied, and we've been on a few holidays and had a lot of events lately, but in between it all, when I get a chance (and usually when I have an essay due) I take the time to do some sewing or crochet.

Today's post is going to be a VERY short one, with only two pics.
I did a t-shirt hack from WobiSobi (she has some amazing ideas that I can't wait to try out). It's supposed to be a no-sew one, but I didn't quite like the way it sat on my shoulders when I tied it (I was limited by the position of the picture on the front), so I sewed the shoulder seams instead.
As usual, I forgot to take 'before' photos, so you'll just have to take my word that my Dark Side of the -Mon shirt was gigantic. Like, massive. Teeturtle only ever seem to have every other size but mine in stock, so I bought a big one hoping I could hack it. It only took 6 months before I found a hack I liked enough to try.
Anyway, here it is:





And here is the back:





I LOVE that the top finally has a bit of shape to it. I've been feeling like a fat lump in the shirt ever since I bought it, but it's such an awesome picture I still wore it a lot. Also I don't often find tops that show off my tattoo without being too revealing, so I really like that feature. 
Also it's super comfortable, and would be really great for if you got pregnant, since the open back would allow it to expand with your tummy. 
I DON'T like how whenever I lean over to do something energetic (like dig, or wash the bath), it flaps open at the back like I'm topless with a bib. I'll just make sure that if I'm going to be doing something bendy I wear another singlet top underneath it. 
Also the image was too high on the t-shirt for me to make the neckline as low as I'd like, but you win some, you lose some.
All in all, it turned out pretty darn well. I'm happy anyway. 

Now lets see if I actually remember to post Supanova pictures once THAT outfit is complete. 

And since my ipad is being a butthole and won't let me make a word into a url, here's the link to the havk on WobiSobi: wobisobi.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/no-sew-crisscross-back-t-shirt-diy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment